You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2016 6:49 pm  #1

Pressing piston pins

Hello everyone
New dilema here! Most of our Sunnen piston pin press reducing rings are broken and need replacing.
However Sunnen no longer supports the replacements.
I'm curious what do you guys use to remove pistons from the rods?
I've bought the Regis and the Goodson kit but they don't work to well.
The Sunnen rings seem to work best, but I need to find something to replace them with now.
Any suggestions?
Thanks ,LSAMS (Larry)

12/03/2016 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Pressing piston pins

Hey Larry
There is a guy in Kansas that has a large stock of new and used reducing rings. Dan Cavilieri /Cavco Sales.
he has a very good supply of any sunnen replacement parts in stock. He is my go to guy for anything sunnen 

If you have the numbers for the support rings give him a call. Also you can try Jon at Jamison equipment in Iowa or Sam and Don at Farris equipment in Texas.

All of those guys are great to deal with and no junk stuff either.

There is a few other equipment dealers that have ebay stores that would be worth looking at as well as the aforementioned as well but call them on the phone with you needs as they have told me they get inundated with emails and it can take quite a while for replies depending on what you need.

Hope that helps

Dave 

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

Board footera