You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2015 9:45 am  #1

Buick Engine Blueprints

I am looking for blueprinting specifications or blueprints for classic Buick engines. Can someone point me in the right direction to find them? They are probably available from somewhere in GM if I had any idea where to go.
Maybe you have them?
The ones I am looking for in particular are the:
400/430/455
364/401/425
among others...

Thanks

Last edited by rcull (2/03/2015 7:48 am)

2/24/2015 11:27 am  #2

Re: Buick Engine Blueprints

You may want to call BOP Engineering, 920-674-6058, if the blueprints were out there, they may of run accross them over the last 20 years or so. BOP stands for Buick, Olds, Pontiac, talk to Wade or Mark. www.bopengineering.com

2/24/2015 8:52 pm  #3

Bob,
 What exactly are you looking for when you say blueprint specs ? More than is in Prosis or a factory service manual ?  I have a bunch of old GM service manuals I got from my cousin when he retired and they might have more than the usual manual.  Also, if you are talking about racing type specs, NHRA has a lot of thier blueprint specs on thier web site. 

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
www.enginerepairshop.com

2/26/2015 12:15 am  #4

You might try BHJ as they do make block blueprint fixtures and may have information available for a fee if you need copies of the blueprints.
Another possibility is Taylor Enterprizes in Iowa. Talk to kevin. He also builds custom engine fixtures but better designed then the BHJ stuff in alot of cases, He is a good person to get with as he does alot of uncommon engine work and may have the details you seek or can point you to someone that does.

I do not know if you post on Speed Talk but there is litterally 1000;s of guys on that sight that have been in this biz for more years then 10 of us combined.
Its a no BS sight like most but the dedicated guys are very helpful.

A vast wealth of knowledge for every engine brand made. I personally find the help there very very great and fast I post there alot as well as what comes around does go around.

Hope that helps

Dave

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

Board footera