You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2015 8:05 pm  #1

What happened to our old Forum?

What happened?   I guess we will have to start over.
I know I've been a bit slack checking in here, but I was suprised to see the old forum gone.
Well I've been told that all good things come to an end, so I guess that's true here.
Hope everyone is well and I look forward to a new beginning.

LSAMS  (Larry Smith Automotive Machine Shop)

2/02/2015 12:19 am  #2

Re: What happened to our old Forum?

Not sure what happened but you would think in this day and age to copy the info that has been listed for over 10 years would be able to be done.
I undetstand some things are not cost affective but I guess thats life

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

3/04/2015 3:12 pm  #3

I,am sure they made us re sign up to weed out old posters

3/05/2015 11:02 am  #4

It may have been a casr where the new guys did not have the talent to cross it over.
Maybe Richard rook designed it that way to start with but its sure sucke.
It would have been nice to at least give the regulars a heads up to copy recent stuff 

Dave

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

3/10/2015 9:44 am  #5

We apologize for not giving you faithful readers a heads up before launching our new forum.  That sure would have been appropriate. We needed to redesign our whole website to keep up with technology because  we were having problems with the old platform in many areas. The old forum was not designed to easily export information which has made it difficult to transfer the posts seamlessly.  We have archived the old posts and have been researching efficient ways to transfer the data, but in the process we get a bunch of code along with the posts and therefore can't just copy and paste.  Please know that we will continue to look for ways to transfer the old posts as we know this is important to you, our faithful contributors. 
This is a good opportunity to bring new and timely questions and concerns to this professional forum.  AERA is committed to be the "source for information" in the engine building, rebuilding and installation business.
Sincerely,
Jim Rickoff
AERA President

5/10/2015 9:05 pm  #6

As someone who has the thrill of maintaining a forum, considering the timeing of the change of forum to a hosted forum, I suspect the forum managers surrendered their independant forum due to a huge increase in spam attacks.

It's tough to beat a vbulletin forum.

Last edited by rcull (5/10/2015 9:23 pm)

8/20/2015 10:43 am  #7

AERA has over 3,000 members world wide but not sure how many employees to make a total personal count, yet there are only 57 registered members on this forum. Any ideas from members to get more registered since AERA doesn't seem to make it easy to log in.

Board footera