You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2015 4:40 pm  #1

Crankshaft Cores

Hi guys new to the site been a prosis member for about a year now. Ill introduce myself my name is Ryan Shotts i own and operate a small crankshaft and conrod repair shop in central ohio called Torque Machine most of our walk in customers are the oilwell guys but, Most of our sales are online so its just me the wife and a part time helper. I am in need of crankshaft cores most of the stuff we deal with is bbc sbc sbf bbf and mopar V8 and vintage we also buy hurt performance cranks that need welded. It has been getting harder and harder to find cores and i dont know where else to turn. Like right now i am in the need for 4 steel 396 cranks can be a 427 or 366 crank also. called around to some of the big boys and a few others and they want $250-$350 just for a core that needs ground thats absurd. So im asking for any help to get a line on some crankshafts rusty dirty any shape except broke is fine we shot blast them all anyways. 

Thanks for the help
Ryan

11/16/2015 5:20 pm  #2

Re: Crankshaft Cores

Seen your post on Speed Talk any luck yet??
I have been told the guys at standard crank in NC were closing up and may have cores available.
They were the largest supplier of crank kits in the US I have used.They had a huge inventory to liquidate so you may get some thing there.
Seems most guys with cores want top dollar for steel cranks that will go 10/10 but if you are not picky on the undersize potential you may have better luck.
I don't believe the issue between a 10/10 and a 20/30 crank will make or break a job depending on what its used for but there is lots of 40/40 BBC cranks out there.

Hope it helps

Dave

Last edited by Dave Conway (11/16/2015 5:20 pm)

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

11/18/2015 11:10 am  #3

Standard Crankshaft closed, two years ago, they were interested in someone buying ALL, but certainly not, cherry picking his list.

FYI
Dave

11/20/2015 1:35 am  #4

Thanks Dave
I thought they were still in operation as I called about 5-6 months back looking for a weird old mopar shaft again.

The other option is AAA Midwest core supply. They do have cores that have been baked and mag checked available very reasonable.
They have an ebay store as well and alot of cores have a best offer option as well. I did see some 366/396/427 core available a couple weeks back while looking for a cyl. head.
May be worth a shot.

Dave

Pro Power Engine & Machine
Victoria BC Canada
www.propowerengines.ca

2/05/2016 12:23 pm  #5

Hello Ryan, I have approximately 300 rods and 200 crank cores that I'm selling. Its mostly assorted sbc, bbc, sbf, bbf, Chrysler cores but some are already machined. $1.00 each rod and $20 each crank, even the ones that are ground and ready to go. Sold as whole set only.

I also have approximately 200 heads and 45 blocks for sale also. includes some 2 and 4bolt 350 and 2bolt 454 and sbf, and others.

Mike Moos

Board footera